Dental Crowns Bridges Treatment in Vileparle, Juhu, Mumbai. Crowns Bridges treatment is where we fixed prosthetic devices used to fix damaged teeth. A crown, commonly known as a “cap”, is a cover for the tooth, which can be used to protect, strength en and often improve the aesthetic appearance of a tooth. It can be used in instances where there is extensive tooth damage due to decay, fracture or trauma.
Steps involved in a crown are
1) The tooth or teeth must be prepared or reduced in size so that the crown will fit perfectly, without feeling like it’s too big
2) A digital scan is taken of the prepared tooth and is send off to the dental laboratory where the porcelain crown is made
3) In the meantime, your dentist will place a temporary crown so that you look exactly the same as when you walked into our practice. This will remain in place for a few days until your final crown is made at the laboratory
4) finally a shade is taken to colour match the crown to your other teeth so that it blends in and looks natural
The temporary crown material is removed and the prepared tooth is cleaned up.
The new crown restoration is tried in for colour match and fit.
Then the crown is bonded to the natural tooth with a luting cement
Crowns can be placed
1) If you have some discoloured fillings and would like to improve their appearance.
2) If the patient has had a root canal treatment, they will need a crown to protect the restored weak tooth
3) Crowns are also used to anchor a bridge or denture firmly in place in the mouth.
A missing tooth (or teeth) can be replaced with a bridge to restore a patient's smile and function. A bridge includes neighbouring teeth as supports, which are joined to the tooth in the centre to fill the gap.
A bridge can be made of porcelain, zirconia or porcelain fused to metal.
The procedure to fabricate a bridge is very similar to that of making a crown.
Appointment 1 - Tooth preparation
The teeth will then be trimmed down slightly and digital impression is taken of the teeth and sent to the laboratory
Appointment 2 - Bridge fit check and cementation of Bridge
The Bridge will be placed and the fit and colour will be checked before the final cementation of the bridge.